An index to the Stuff of Eric Dynamic
- Who the hell is this guy, see a history page.
- My Online Bibliography - stuff I've read with notes, and stuff I wish to read.
The About page explains the motivation for the site: to rebut Ludwig von Mises.
- accelerated math classes: Calculus for 5th graders and above.
This was the site to try to get students for Summer 2015,
but there was zero interest -
that fact among others has convinced me that I have to emigrate from the US if I am to find
a culture that cares more about education
than preserving the bureaucratic status quo.
- A PoliticoEconomic blog, Thank Me For Not Killing You.
- A SocioPolitical blog, Shit No Bricks,
currently headed by my first very short attempt at a Short Story "Cogito Ergo Nego".
The name of this site plus the fact that I dissed my incompetent highschool math teacher
(here) got me fired as a Substitute Teacher in Alameda;
the city's admin cared more about the use of the word 'shit' than she did about the fact that Alameda's
7th-graders were already doing drugs.
"Better to Die in Ignorance than Live in Sin", is the motto there.
- A site for my current ISP business - Transbay.net
- A site for my intended ISP business - idea now abandoned because nobody needs gigabit speeds, so say the Telcos.
The history page there adds a few more things to the transbay.net history.
- A commentary blog, Eigen Racelad -
now has only my article "Confessions of a Bad highschool Student".
It was to be where I (and other Mensans) could post freely those things censored
on the Mensa Online Forum; but that was ignored by Mensans, so I'm an
Ex-Mensan now - once a Mensan, always a Mensan, but the US organization is run by
ultra-bourgeois to suit themselves without accountability.
Four times I asked them about the severe staircasing of their lifetime membership dues and four times they ignored me.
Here's an organization for geniuses with a Nanny-squad policing 'foul language' on their national online forum,
and they are their own self-appointed referees
as to whether they're doing their jobs properly. While using proprietary software on a Windows server with bugs
that are never ever fixed; and the SFBA local
group is steadfast in outsourcing themselves as a division of Yahoo, Inc., so overall, to hell with this moribund place.
The 24 active posters on the national
forum (of 8,555 listed users) demonstrate that being a Mensan has nothing to do with using one's intelligence to any useful purpose.
Typical example: "Read books? Why should I read books? I already know what there is to know without having to read books.
Every bad thing that ever happened in history is because of Socialism and I know that is true because I said so." --
a nearly verbatim quote from a Mensa forum user.
- If you'd like an email account 'yourname@ArrogantPrick.com' for $36/year, ask me.
- I hate SPAM. I write sendmail milters. Nobody should use Microsoft software connected to the net.
We ISPs had almost totally eliminated SPAM by early 1998, and then along came bot-nets,
thanks to Fortune 5 Bill's inability to stop 13-year-old hackers.
Code for Fresnel Path Analysis, including an accurate Fresnel Integral function
The worth of the accurate Fresnel integral shows up in a small region x < 0.0, where
using the true value of the integral
(as opposed to the usual clipping-to-0) produces
more accurate and useful information for wireless deployment.
- fresnel.c - calculate fresnel zones
- fpath.c - path analysis, including the integral function
Available Now: thscan.exe, a DOS-executable that generates horoscopes
and is useful for observing other astronomical events -
its results are as accurate as the Michelsen ephemeris, for example you can determine the precise times
of the Solstices and Equinoxes,
and new and full moons with it.
You can also run it on Linux/Unix using 'dosemu'. Documentation here.
Includes computation of the position of ten major and minor asteroids!
The one thing the program does not do is indicate retrogrades, but you can fiddle with the time to determine which planets are retrograde.
Coming back some old day, an ONLINE horoscope generator (jpg output as from 'thscan' above), and the code that produces it.
People might remember the "xphoon" program that shows the moon's phase as an X-Windows background.
I provided Thomas Boutell (of GD fame) a routine to compute the rotation angle
of the axis of the moon's "shadow", and one day with enough blood sugar I will produce a revision of "xphoon"
that shows a correct picture of the moon as viewed by an observer from
an arbitrary position on Earth. (Currently xphoon shows the phase with the shadow axis always vertical, which is quite incorrect.)
With a little too much blood sugar I will try to
factor in an accurate map of the viewable face of the moon; when I get back to it I'll provide a link to a moving graphic
that shows how the visible surface of the moon "wobbles" slightly.
- A few Unreal Tournament game maps I created ...
- Index of my music collection
- OTHER STUFF:
- A political site, complaining of the Neocons (2003) - AxisOfEvil.tv
- World Flags, for fun
- berkeleypta.org - I used to own this domain and for 17 years hosted most of the Berkeley Unified School District schools
and their mailing lists -
until, as a substitute teacher, I found that the California State school systems regard
substitute labor as junk, circa 1910, while not worrying very much
about whether the children are actually learning anything.
- An exhortation to socialize Telecommunications to give everyone gigabit-plus service over fiber at cost plus maintenance -
- A Harry Potter wiki - used in part to insure Lucius Malfoy remains in Azkaban
(offline from being spammed to death! Dokuwiki needs help.)
- Metropolitan Washington Mensa - online gratis since 1997
- Michael Parenti's website
- Michael Parenti's mailing list
- The East Bay Anti-Smartmeters wiki (also offline from spam abuse!)
- The East Bay Anti-Smartmeters mailing list
- An 'activist' website whose original idea was to force Media Accountability, What I Want To Know - offline for the moment.
- A "casino trip scheduler" that no casino or bus line wanted to use -
here, and select Jackson casino.
- Domains in my arsenal, not doing much at the moment:
- 22ndcenturyartisans.com - © ecsd - the real name of my business
- berkeleyonline.net - used for the people verifying signatures to overturn Berkeley Mayor Bates's discarding the Citizens'
We won that one! However, not content not to be able to 'globalize' Berkeley, the Mayor and his cronies
put 'Measure D' on the ballot,
which passed, giving the Mayor his desired end-run around Berkeleyans
not wanting to see downtown Berkeley become downtown Manhattan.
- curvedspace.com - a picture site, currently under redevelopment (darn!)
- fascistwatch.org - intended to document how the Berkeley City Council doesn't give a damn about Democracy
- gigabit-lit.com - for the gigabit-plus MAN described at uctelecommunications.com
- gigabitlit.com - for the gigabit-plus MAN described at uctelecommunications.com
- thedustbinofhistory.com - intended to be a place to make fun of things which should have died a long time ago, like Microsoft
- transpacific.net - for sale for six figures for API vanity purposes.
- uccomputers.com - for now the same as transbay.net
- virtualcitycouncil.org - intended to be a shadow site to dog the Berkeley City Council
- As of September 2015, it appears I will reconstruct myself, a' la Rick Riordan's plots of Amnesiac Demigods, as
Omoikane no musuko
-- more to follow!
- As noted above, I
am was a member of Mensa: